How to add fried Chinese medicine

How to add fried Chinese medicine

Chinese medicine must not be heated in water.

In the same way, the medicine should be infiltrated before the Chinese medicine is fried, so that the water can penetrate the internal tissues of the medicine, so as to facilitate the frying of the active ingredients, but hot water must not be used, only cold water can be used.

  The traditional Chinese medicine decoction uses water as the solvent, and the amount of water added should be based on the performance, volume, water absorption and required amount of treatment of the drug.

If too much water is added, the concentration of the drug is too low, and the juice is too much, it can be effectively overcome; if too little water is added, it is difficult to burn the active ingredients of the drug, and it is easy to burn, which is wasteful and can cause the opposite effect.

We recommend 3 kinds of water adding methods for your choice.

  1.

Traditional method of adding water: Put the traditional Chinese medicine in a casserole, spread the medicine by hand, and then add water 3-4 cm (higher than the thumb) above the medicine surface.

This method is the easiest and most convenient to use, but its accuracy is slightly worse.

  2.

Water measuring method: add water to a measuring cup or cylinder, and fry according to different therapeutic drugs and their heads, and add different amounts of water to the second decoction.

The amount of water added for various types of decoctions prescribed by Shanghai Medicinal Materials Corporation is: conditioning, tonic medicine, 700-900 ml for decoction of head, 400-450 ml for decoction of second decoction; general medicine (every Chinese medicine mainly for treating various diseases),500-700 ml for the first fry, 300-350 ml for the second fry; 400-600 ml for the antipyretic cold medicine, and 280-300 ml for the second fry.

This method is more accurate than the traditional method of adding water. However, if there is a large amount of medicine, it is easy to add less water.

  3.

Method of adding water by weight: That is to determine the amount of water to be added based on the total weight of the drug.

After dispensing the traditional Chinese medicine, take 1 patch (dose) of the medicine and weigh it. Then, based on the principle of 1 g of Chinese medicine and 10 ml of water, add 65% of the calculated total water content to the first decoction, and the remaining 35% Is reserved for Erjian.

For example, the total weight of the nourishing and conditioning medicine Ginseng Yangrong Decoction is 150 grams, the amount of water should be 1500 ml, 65% of the head decoction should be 975 ml, and 35% of the decoction with water, 525 ml.

This method is accurate in adding water, especially the traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions with many types of drugs and large doses are more convenient.

Although this method is more troublesome than the above two methods, it is more accurate.

  In addition, if there are flowers in the medicine (such as stable flowers, bag flowers, etc.) and leaves (such as mulberry leaves, loquat leaves, etc.), you can add more water in an appropriate amount.

  Before decocting medicine, some patients often like to heat the water, thinking that it can be used for a long time without frying, which can be fried quickly and thoroughly, and can save time and effort, and can be taken quickly.

Founding is unscientific.

When hot water rushes into the crude drug, the outer tissue of the crude drug solidifies and contracts immediately due to the sudden impact of high temperature. Especially, the protein forms an irreversible degeneration layer on the cell wall, which leads to the penetration of water into the tissue.The dissolved active ingredient is also difficult to dissolve, which greatly affects the dissolution rate of the active ingredient.

Therefore, fried Chinese medicine must not heat water.

In the same way, the medicine should be infiltrated before the Chinese medicine is fried, so that the water can penetrate the internal tissues of the medicine, so as to facilitate the frying of the active ingredients, but hot water must not be used, only cold water can be used.